Questions you have, hmmmm? Answer I must then.
Lol, sorry, my youngest minion is walking around the house talking like Yoda. I think it’s starting to get to me. 😉
I decided to finally start a FAQs page to answer some common questions that I receive often. If you have a question that you do not see on this list, please feel free to ask and I’ll answer it as soon as I can!
- Where can I meet you in person?
- Please check out my “Upcoming Events” page for details on any conventions or signings I might attend. I’ve had tons of requests from almost everywhere in the world, and I promise I’ll travel as far as I can, as often as I can.
- Has anyone told you that Big Bad Bite, Walk On The Striped Side, Secret Maneuvers and/or The Burning Star has spelling and editing errors?
- Why YES, I have been told that! But did you know all of those books went through a second (and sometimes third) proper round of editing? There’s a very good chance that you have an OLD version on your e-reader/kindle fire/nook/etc! Did you know that you can UPDATE ebooks at no cost? Authors, such as myself, often reload a properly edited manuscript, but you have to update your library first! You can find directions to do just that HERE. Sorry for the first round of badly edited books though. I was a penniless author just trying to break out there for a while. I can now afford editing, YIPPEE, lol! 🙂
- Are your books available in print? Can I buy them in a book store?
- I do have books available in print, but unfortunately you will not find them in book stores since I am an independent author. You can order print copies through Amazon, B&N and Books-A-Million.
- Why can’t I find any of your upcoming books on Pre-Order?
- Because I’m not that cool yet. Just kidding! The truth is I will not put a book up for pre-order unless I know 100% I can get that book to you on a specified date. If I’m unsure for any reason, I will not use a pre-order because I really don’t want the hassle of disappointing people.
- Why is there such a long wait between books in a series?
- Short answer – I have what I lovingly refer to as “Writer’s Attention Deficit Disorder”. What does that mean? Well, it means I write a paranormal book and then my brain says “NO MORE! Let’s do contemporary now!” So my brain bounces around more than a mexican jumping bean. I know it can be sort of annoying at times, but I’m begging you, pretty please, just put up with me and my quirks please. 🙂
- What is the next book you’re releasing?
- Please remember that I have Writer’s ADD (explained above in answer 6), and I tend to switch genres faster than you can say Euripides. Also, please keep in mind that I’m a full time mom of two crazy minions with a packed schedule, the wife to a Grizzly Bear who is the Director (boss) of a very busy Emergency 911 Dispatch Center, and an independent author. What does all of that mean? Well, it means that I have to shuttle kids back and forth to Taekwondo and Marching Band practices 3 to 4 days a week. My grouchy Grizzly works insane hours, has more meetings than the President and drags me to somewhat formal events sometimes. And I like being an independent author because it allows me to work at a pace that doesn’t turn me completely cuckoo. So, to finally answer your question, I don’t like release dates. If I’m 90% sure I can meet a specified date, I’ll give it to you. Otherwise, I do not like announcing them anymore because I really hate disappointing readers. In essence, I’ll tell you what I’m working on, but you’re not getting a date until I know for sure. Make sense? You can see what I’m currently working on my “Coming Soon” page.
- What is the reading order for the: Big Bad Bite/Ex Ops/Regulators MC/Star Series?
- All books are listed in reading order on their series page. You can find those under the “Titles” page. 🙂
- How many books will you write for the: Big Bad Bite/Ex Ops/Regulators MC/Star Series?
- Star Series – 3 books. The Divine Star will be the last book and M.L. Pahl and I hope to write it sometime before this century ends.
- Regualtors MC – 3 books. Ice, Hammer & Coal are the only 3 books Chelsea Camaron and I plan to write in that series.
- Big Bad Bite – I honestly have no bloody idea! Yes Alec is getting a book. Someday. As of this moment I hope to write at least another 2 or 3 including Alec’s book.
- Ex Ops – I have a vague idea of how many books there will be in the series, but that number changes on any given day. More than likely you’ll get another 2 or 3 books out of me after Bullets and Bluebonnets. And YES, one of those will be Declan and Teagan’s story. Beyond that, mum’s the word!
- Hey Jessie, if I send you this super awesome idea for a book, will you write it for me and then give me a cut of the sales?
- Nope. Sorry. And if you do email me any story ideas I will promptly delete them. No offense, it’s a legal thing. I’m trying to protect both you and me.
- Is there anything I should know before I read one of your books?
- I swear worse than a sailor and my intimate scenes between my main characters can be a bit graphic and a whole lot of sexy. I like to write about real life issues such as abuse, depression and possibly any other topic you may consider a “trigger”. If you have a problem with these sorts of things, please do not read my books. You won’t hurt my feelings at all, pinky promise. I know I’m not everyone’s cup of tea. I also know what it’s like to live as a survivor of sexual assault, and live with rather severe anxiety and depression issues. I totally understand if my sometimes raw, gritty, and/or gut wrenching scenes are not something you want to endure. On a positive note, any of my readers will tell you I love humor, being silly and sometimes snarky. There’s always light to balance the dark. 😉
10 thoughts on “FAQs”